Analysis & Design Artifact Set >
Design Model... >
Design Package >
- The name of each package is unique and descriptive of the
collective responsibilities of the model elements which it contains.
- The package description accurately reflects the collective
responsibilities of the model elements which it contains.
- The publicly visible classes of the package provide a single,
logically consistent set of services.
- The dependencies between the package and other packages are
consistent with relationships between contained classes
- The package contents represent a consistent set of highly
cohesive model elements, loosely coupled to elements in other packages.
- There are no opportunities to further sub-divide the package
into sets of highly cohesive model elements by taking advantage of loose
coupling within the package.
- The total number of packages is proportional to the total
number of model elements.
© 1987 - 2001 Rational Software Corporation